Pet owners who need someone to care for their pets while they are away can reserve a spot at Destin Animal Clinic. Our facility is fully equipped to house both cats and dogs of all sizes. Each pet will have his or her own individual space and every dog will be let outside at least three times a day.
For our canine visitors, our Boarding facility offers over 30 runs and cage banks spacious enough for giant breed dogs and cozy for our tiny little toy breeds. We have a large fenced in yard in which the dogs are allowed to play multiple times a day. If your pet enjoys any specific games or activities please inform our team so that your dog can have the best experience possible. Personal toys or bedding from home is welcome. We recommend providing your pets regular diet however we do have select Science Diet foods at no additional cost.
We know that most cats do not like socializing with dogs, so we have a quiet cat room separate from the dog boarding area. Each cat has its own individual housing and bed.
We understand that not all cats or dogs play nice with each other and we do not want your best four legged friend to leave with a negative experience, therefore animals from different homes are not allowed to interact.
Canine Vaccination Requirements
Please note that we require current vaccinations for boarding and grooming services and in your dogs best interest these vaccines are given two weeks prior to entering our boarding center. This is to protect your pet and others that are staying at our hospital and boarding facility.
- Rabies (required by state law) - 1 year or 3 year recognized
- DHPP or DHLPP
- Bordetella- We honor this vaccine for 1 year from the date vaccine was received.
- Canine Influenza- If this vaccine has never been given to your pet, it must be boostered 3 weeks after initial vaccine for it to be valid and effective for a year.
- Negative Fecal Exam within the last 6 months and current on flea/heartworm/intestinal parasite prevention- Intestinal parasites are transmitted to people and other pets by feces. Due to multiple pets sharing our play yard, we have to ensure that parasites are not spread within our boarding center.
- Free of fleas- your pet will be examined for evidence of fleas upon arrival to our boarding center and if fleas are seen, we will treat with a Capstar tablet.
Feline Vaccination Requirements
Please note that we require current vaccinations for boarding and grooming services and in your cats best interest these vaccines are given two weeks prior to entering our boarding center. This is to protect your pet and others that are staying at our hospital and boarding facility.
- Rabies (required by state law) - 1 year and 3 year recognized
- Negative Fecal Exam with the last 6 months- Some intestinal parasites can be transmitted to humans, therefore we must ensure that you and our boarding center team is not at risk when cleaning your feline friend's litter box.
- Free of Fleas- your pet will be examined for evidence of fleas upon entrance to our boarding center and if fleas are seen, we will treat with a capstar tablet.
To make a boarding reservation or for more information, please contact Destin Animal Clinic at
or through email at email@example.com
If you would like to submit the Boarding Agreement Form prior to arriving it is available here on our website for your convenience. Please call to schedule your reservation prior to submitting this form.
The Benefits of Having you dog bathed
The advantage of bathing your dog would seem to be obvious: a clean dog that smells nice. But there’s more…
Regular bathing of your dog will produce a shiny coat. It will also lessen the chances of parasites gaining a foothold in your dog’s fur. Bathing can also prevent skin irritations or lessen those that might be present.The healthy dog will not itch much, smell bad or keep trying to bite his or her fur. Dogs that do this have an underlying imbalance and it’s making itself apparent through the skin. There could be a yeast infection, rashes, bacterial infections or ‘hot spots’ – inflamed, infected patches on your dog’s skin. Allergies to mold, grass and pollen can also irritate your dog’s skin.While there are drugs to treat all these conditions it is wise to follow a regimen of good nutrition, exercise and skin bathing as a long-term measure. Bathing your dog, using a gentle dog shampoo, will reap great rewards for your pet and result in less stress for you.